Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Book Review: I am Number Four

7747374
Title: I am Number Four
Series: Lorien Legacies #1
Author: Pittacus Lore
Release Date: August 3, 2010
Pages: 440
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Own
Goodreads | Amazon
Barnes and Noble | Book Website

Summary: In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. The Nine had to separate and go into hiding.

The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next. 

Rating: 1.5

Review: I's been a long time since I reviewed a book I didn't like his much. I try to avoid writing reviews on books I don't like, they seem to become very biased and annoying because often i just urns into me complaining about he book because I didn't like it. I'll try o keep this review short with as little complaining as I can.

When I first heard of his book I waned to read it so much,there was so much hype around it because of the movie. I saw the movie first and loved it and I thought I would love the book just as much, but I didn't. It's not so much that I didn't like it I just didn't care about he story or the characters.

There were so many flaws in the story line it was annoying. Things were poorly explained. The feelings between John and Sarah were to insta- love. I was so confused through most of he book, if you going to create a book series that has alien civilizations in it then you need to explain those civilizations and the motives behind what they do.

I think the author could have had an opportunity to create a good series but the characters were to annoying. I couldn't stand most of the characters they were whiny and poorly developed. I wanted to learn more about I am number four the alien not as John. Even though John was an alien it seemed even he didn't understand what it meant to be from the planet Lorien, there was hardly any world building.

This series had lots of potential but i didn't live up to my hopes or standards. I know there are people who like this series so I cannot completely discredit it and one of my good friends loves this series. This series was not just for me. If you wan to read a more positive review on this series and see what other people liked about it go read the reviews on goodreads. I hope you were able to get something you of this review and I hope I did not complain to much about what I personally was annoyed with.


DFTBA have a great weekend!
-Janussa

No comments:

Post a Comment