Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Books Review: Prophecy

10129062By: Ellen Oh
Pages: 312
Release Date: January 2,2013

Summary: The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope... 

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.

Rating: 3.5

Review: This was a really refreshing read. It was different and unique.

Kira is feared by everyone and it's about her finding a way to be normal while still being a dragon slayer. To me it was refreshing because huzzah there was no love story. I think there's now this expectation that every YA or any book needs to have some sort of love story but it doesn't. What's wrong with a women wanting to do things by herself and not wanting to get married. This is the case for Kira, her mother and the queen wishes her to be married as all lady's should but she really doesn't want to marry. Girl power!

Well that's not what the majority of the story is about but that made me happy. Kira is the protector of the prince and therefore she must protect the city and the king and queen as well. There is a ton of action and people aren't as nice as they first seem.

It is beautifully written and the characters are all very different and interesting. I loved how everything played out it keeps you on your toes wanting to know what will happen.

I had a hard time following parts of the book because it was in third person. I'm very used to books written in the first person and it was hard to follow conversation because sometimes it just says what they were talking about without the person's exact words in quotation marks. other than having a hard time following parts of it I loved everything about this book.

The fighting scenes were well written. They were fast and exciting. I always loved reading them.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves fantasy and wants a book without a love story.

DFTBA
-Janussa

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is exactly the type of book I would want to read, no random insta-love, action-y fight scenes, beautiful characters, this is going straight to my TBR pile!

    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete