Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book to Movie: The Great Gastby


4671   
Book  |  Movie


I loved the adaption. It was one of the best book to movie adaptions I've seen in a while. It captured everything in The Great Gatsby perfectly. It portrayed the craziness of the 1920's in New York perfectly. It showed how people treated life as a circus.

The party at Gatsby's. It's crazy and shows how people don't care. It is a circus, there is a zebra in the pool.

It covered everything in the book which was nice since most movie adaptions don't cover half of it. The movie was still from the perspective of Nick as told when he was older. You feel the same way about the characters in the movie because you still see them through Nick's point of view. It was nice to see a visual representation of the wonderful writing in The Great Gatsby.

I do recommend seeing the movie because it goes with the book perfectly.

DFTBA
-Janussa

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book nor watch the movie but I heard it's great. Though I'm really curious what's it about. :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a review on the book and you can learn more about the story there :)

      Delete
  2. I really liked the movie although I'm a bit iffy on the score. I do understand Baz Luhrman's decision to incorporate hip hop in it but I wish they had kept the original jazz music. Jazz sounds so sexy and it would have been great seeing all the huge party scenes with jazz music playing in the background.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete