Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Friday, January 24, 2014

Poetry Corner #23

I thought since I'm back that I should start this again :) Enjoy!

It sifts from Leaden Sieves
     By: Emily Dickinson

It sifts from Leaden Sieves -
It powders all the Wood.
It fills with Alabaster Wool
The Wrinkles of the Road -

It makes an even Face
Of Mountain, and of Plain -
Unbroken Forehead from the East
Unto the East again -

It reaches to the Fence -
It wraps it Rail by Rail
Till it is lost in Fleeces -
It deals Celestial Vail

To Stump, and Stack - and Stem -
A Summer’s empty Room -
Acres of Joints, where Harvests were,
Recordless, but for them -

It Ruffles Wrists of Posts
As Ankles of a Queen -
Then stills it’s Artisans - like Ghosts -
Denying they have been -

I recently had to memorize this poem for English :)

DFTBA
-Janussa

2 comments:

  1. Oh you have to memorize poems for english too?! I had to do it last year and in 7th grade which was alright, I just hate being forced to do something, you know. But having to memorize a poem and somehow expressing it out, just did not work for me.

    Emily Dickinson! I love her poems so much. I first got introduced to her poem Hope is like Feathers or something like that in the book Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson and when I read that poem I immediately knew she was going to be one of my favorite poets.

    I really love this one as well as well as most of the poems you feature on here, because they are all so whimsical to read.

    Keep up the good work!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her poems and I love the poem Hope is a Thing With Feathers. Thanks!

      Delete