Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Monday, January 27, 2014

Book Review: Nantucket Blue

13597696By: Leila Howland
Pages: 294
Release Date: May 7, 2013

For Cricket Thompson, a summer like this one will change everything. A summer spent on Nantucket with her best friend, Jules Clayton, and the indomitable Clayton family. A summer when she’ll make the almost unattainable Jay Logan hers. A summer to surpass all dreams.

 Some of this turns out to be true. Some of it doesn’t.

When Jules and her family suffer a devastating tragedy that forces the girls apart, Jules becomes a stranger whom Cricket wonders whether she ever really knew. And instead of lying on the beach working on her caramel-colored tan, Cricket is making beds and cleaning bathrooms to support herself in paradise for the summer.

But it’s the things Cricket hadn’t counted on--most of all, falling hard for someone who should be completely off-limits--that turn her dreams into an exhilarating, bittersweet reality.

A beautiful future is within her grasp, and Cricket must find the grace to embrace it. If she does, her life could be the perfect shade of Nantucket blue.

Rating: 2

Review: This was a cute summery story about Cricket  Thomson. Cricket goes to Nantucket in the hopes of having an unforgettable summer. Her summer was unforgettable but nothing like she expected. She expected to spend it with her best friend, Jules, in Nantucket. She expected to be the girlfriend of Jay Logan. She expected everything to go perfectly. This is all before Jules calls to tell Cricket that Cricket can't come to Nantucket with her. She goes to Nantucket anyway, finds a job so she can stay and hopes to surprise Jules and still have a great summer. Within the first week of being there Jules acts completely different and admits some terrible things and Jay starts ignoring Cricket. And that's only they beginning.

It's an interesting story of Cricket finding her way and trying to survive in Nantucket but not everything can be paradise.

This is a total summer read even though I read it in January it

It was a simple, cute story. I enjoyed most of it but it lacked something that made it different from all the summer, beachy love-stories. Why must the majority of love stories take place in the summer? I've read some really good summer love stories but this didn't stand out as much. It was a cute love story but that's it just a cute love story. It lacked life and flare to make it special.

I was disappointed this book could have been better. I know other people who read this book will disagree with me but just was not something extraordinary, it was just average. When looking for favourite series average and normal will not do I need something special, different, unique.

It's a cute story but  don't feel like I learned anything or that I'm better off now that I've read this book. I'm sure this book is great for someone but it just wasn't for me.

DFTBA
-Janussa

No comments:

Post a Comment