Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: Gathering Blue


Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2)
By: Lois Lowry
Pages: 215
Published: 2006

Summary: It is a society ruled by savagery and deceit that shuns and discards the weak. Left orphaned and physically flawed, young Kira faces a frightening, uncertain future. Blessed with an almost magical talent that keeps her alive, she struggles with ever broadening responsibilities in her quest for truth, discovering things that will change her life forever.

Rating: 2

Review: This book was meh. It wasn't anything special. It is another book by Lois Lowry that depicts a different possibility for the future. It is very different from the Giver. In this book people have become less advanced. There is no technology and life is simply. There is a council that makes rules and makes decisions for trials. 

I really didn't enjoy it that much. maybe it is meant more for younger kids, I don't know. I was disappointed after I loved the Giver so much. I would definitely recommend The Giver and you can go read my review, but it is up to you weather you want to read this book.

Sorry the review is short but I don't have a ton to say.


I hope everyone has a Superb Day!
-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment